Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chuck

When Ryan Kennedy and I were working on the raised bed garden, we had a little discussion that I would like to share. We were on our way back from my father-in-law's house. We had just picked up some tools from his shed. He lets me borrow any tool I want.

(paraphrased from memory)
Ryan: That is so great. I love when people share stuff like this. Why do we each need a lawnmower, or miter saw, etc?

Aaron: Yea, Chuck really lets me borrow whatever I need. Honestly, if it hadn't been for Chuck, I wouldn't be the person I am today. The only reason we bought our house is because I knew Chuck was knowledgeable about how to fix it up and would be willing to help us. If we had not bought the house I would not have learned to do all the handy man stuff I now know how to do: tile, lay floor, build bookcases, fix electrical, etc. I mean, I used to be afraid to work on handy-man stuff. Now I love it.

Ryan: If you didn't buy that house I would not be able to live in it next year and we would not be building this raised bed today. Wow, thanks Chuck.

That's right. Thanks Chuck. Thanks for being so willing to help. Thanks for being patient with me. Thanks for helping me lay tile, lay floor, install an attic ladder, build inset bookshelves, build a short bookshelf for our old apartment, ripping up carpet, and so many other things. Thanks for letting me borrow your lawnmower, weed eater, miter saw, saw horses, circular saw, hammers, screwdrivers, drills, saws-all, sander, and who knows what else.

Thanks for being such a great guy, a great role model, and a great father-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment