Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chronicles

Chronicles. Its a great word. It makes me think of long stories of great things. Probably it is most associated for me with Narnia. I have seen in bookstores other book stories that have used the word "chronicles." Want to know a time the word chronicles is NOT awesome? 1 Chronicles 1-9. I think it might be the most boring part of the entire Bible. Just cranked through it recently. Not fun.

What is always fun is the Psalms. My last reading was 81, 88, 92-93, 102-104. The highlights:

81:13-14 "If my people would but listen to me...how quickly i would subdue their enemies." That strikes me hard. If I would but listen to Him.

103:8, 10 "The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love...he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities." Praise God. I am slow glad He does not treat me as my sins deserve. What a worm I am. How infrequently I think about God. How often I just do what I want to do without a thought of His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment