Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm A Dad Mondays

I know that many of the people who come to the blog do so to get information about Eli so I decided to make Mondays "I'm a Dad Mondays!" Every Monday I will update on what has gone on with Eli. If a lot has gone on, I will break the day up into multiple posts so as to never end up with a huge, unmanagable (and unreadable) post. So here, we go!

On Monday, Feb 7, Abby and I went to go pick up Eli from the NICU.

Eli in his car seat on the way home

Dad holding Eli for the first time at home

Mommy changing Eli's first diaper at home

This week has been both rewarding and challenging. Eli is so sweet during the days. He often sleeps almost 2 hours between feedings. On day 2 or 3 it was my turn to watch Eli and he was sleeping in his pack 'n play. I was in the living room doing some work (my amazing boss let me work from home two days) and he began to fuss, but I did not go get him. After a few minutes he self soothed and was content for the next hour. It was great.

This little thing is a huge part of my life and brings me a ton of peace of mind. I love how clear the image is. Surprisingly this little monitor works even though there can be up to four concrete walls between the camera and the monitor, depending on if Eli is in the nursery or our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment